To browse for programmes in England, you’ll need to use the Department for Education’s Find postgraduate teacher training service –
Apply through UCAS Teacher Training for postgraduate teacher training programmes in England and Wales, run by universities and colleges, or schools.
What you’ll need to include in your application
You can apply for teacher training programmes starting in 2019 now.
• Make sure to set time aside to complete the application and it is a relatively lengthy process however you can save your application and come back to it
• You must have both of your references complete before you submit your application, to speed up the process contact your referees earlier
• You can only apply once in a cycle
• You will need to submit a new application should you have applied in a previous cycle
Apply 1 is the first stage of the application process. In this time you can apply for up to three choices. When making an application to a School Direct choice, this will be directly to the school of your placement. School Direct generally works in a partnership of schools.
After you submit your applications you will need to attend an interview as part of the application process. You should aim to be available for at least half the day and be aware of the 40 day ‘rejected by default’ deadline from submitting your application.
Apply 2 is another opportunity to submit an application if you are unsuccessful in the first round. This can be if you were not offered a place or if you declined any offers you did receive.
Personal statement: You will need to write a personal statement in your application that is sent to all of your choices. You may write up to 47 lines of texts in your statement and should check the grammar, spelling and punctuation – it may be best to have someone else check it too. Make sure your statement is all your own work. Your statement should include things like:
– Your reasons for wanting to teach
– Details of education and experience relating to your chosen subject
– Relevant skills and abilities